Tharsus are an established, collaborative and multi-award winning manufacturing company with specialist experience in RAS applications requiring mechanical motion, measurement and control.
Typically we work with clients that have a core focus on the “higher level” task functionality of a system, where Tharsus provide the robust electromechanical package and fundamental control systems. These fundamental control systems are generally systems such as motor drives, sensor packages, batteries / BMS, system wide networks and the embedded controllers and firmware to integrate these and manage their fundamental actions. The “higher level” task functionality such as decision making, route planning and task integration is typically an area where our Clients have their core IP and our role is support and integrate
Our expertise in the robotic service world extends across:
- Full system mechanical and electrical design including simulation and 3D visualisation.
- Harness design/ manufacture and subsequent electrical assembly.
- BLDC motor design (custom and standard motors)
- 3 phase motor drives including the use of high resolution encoders for commutation and complex position control.
- Standard Lithium batteries or cell integrations with a BMS to create custom batteries as separate items or fully integrated packages within machines.
- Machine wide networks typically utilising CAN bus at speeds up to 1Mb/s using our standard protocols or CANOpen if required.
- Light based Ethernet coms over distances up to 10m (LiFi).
- PCB design and integration typically utilising ARM based STM32 processors.
- Firmware creation usually based around operating systemless Embedded C but can extend to integration into an RTOS environment.
- Product certification to appropriate standards to achieve full Technical Construction File prior to CE marking. This includes all aspects of safety and EMC type considerations/testing.
We operate as a valuable but outsourced extension to the core business of our customers in this sector, we engage where they need us the most. From exploiting a core technology through to full product development, manufacture or worldwide distribution, we excel at commercialising their RAS products that make it to market and sell.