Working within a team of multi-disciplined engineers, the Engineer – Design (Mechanical) will participate in the design and development of mechanical and electro mechanical systems for a variety of innovative products.
- Responsible for the interpretation of customer requirements relating to mechanical systems within the product design
- Responsible for design and development of mechanical /electro-mechanical systems using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Carry out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Estimating material and non-recurring engineering (NRE) costs within project timescales
- Contribute to the identification of risks, quantification of risk impact and identification of mitigating actions
- Prepare and co-ordinate technical documentation including: mechanical schematics, BOM’s, test plans and reports
- Work with the Test and Certification team to identify the root cause of failures during the test and certification of new products
- Communicate and present design ideas and solutions to customers and senior colleagues
- Co-ordinate technicians and craftspeople
- Ensure all new projects meet relevant certification and safety regulations.
- Contribute to multiple projects at any one time
Check out the full job listing on our careers page!
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.