Continuous Improvement Support that has Resulted in a Whole New Smart Machine.
Through the need to get the product to market quickly the Jetkleen launched without testing – An ongoing testing platform was developed to evolve the product and production processes in real-time and allow for product iteration going forward.
- To support this we have endeavoured to deliver continued performance improvement through user feedback.
- Resulting in improved first-time-pass rate ‘in-house’.
- And reduced field failures (volume and frequency).
- The cell footprint has been reduced by 60% without impact on lead time or OTIF (On Time In Full).
- The product has undergone significant technological improvements incorporating remote monitoring, and real time data capture systems to improve the efficiency of Safetykleen’s front-end processes.
- Be better than any new entrant equipment.
- Improve cleaning performance and reliability.
- Support SafetyKleen’s strategy of moving customers from solvent to aqueous technology.
- Improve usability and visibility.
- Align product vision with SafetyKleen company values.
- Generate sustainable income and long term value propositions.
- Understand the end user requirements to produce a fully resolved product development package
A Re-design FocusedSolution.
- As the project developed, it became clear that a full, ground-up redesign of the product was required rather than simply an upgrade; a decision that was driven by our organisational alignment and emerging technology.
- The initial goal had been to achieve product and production targets but, the new JetKleen has resulted in sales that have greatly surpassed SafetyKleen’s expectations; with conversion rates that are now 3 times greater than any other product in their market sector.
- Our work with SafetyKleen is the perfect demonstration of the competitive advantage achievable through integrating design, in-sourced metalwork and a consolidated supply chain through to final assembly.