Purpose of Position
A core member of the stores and material handling team responsible for ensuring that materials are correctly handled and managed to ensure accurate and reliable stock records and provide production teams with reliable and on time delivery of material kits .
- Receiving and inspecting incoming deliveries.
- Booking and locating materials into the stock management system.
- Picking material kits for project and production assembly teams
- Locating and distributing materials throughout the business.
- Conducting perpetual inventory counts to maintain accurate stock figures
- Work with a proactive attitude to drive improvements in all aspects of your work and actively seek improvements to processes and products
- Act in a safe manner at all times, complying with all rules and legislation and promptly report any hazards or unsafe practices detected
- Ensure your work area is kept in a safe and tidy state
- Take prompt and effective action on discovering quality non conformances and communicate with your shift leader where non conformances are being generated
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience in a high variety fast moving stock environment is essential.
- Experience of working with computerized stock management system is essential.
- Ability to operate counter balance and/or reach trucks is essential.
- Formal training in stores and warehousing operations would be beneficial
- Experience of setting up stock processes and stores would be beneficial.
Core competencies and skills:
- Ability to maintain diligence and accuracy while under pressure
- Embraces change within their work area, supports and actively promotes all aspects
- Can plan own workload effectively in line with business output plans
- Ability to self start, self motivate
- Possesses a ‘Can Do’ positive attitude
- Flexible in their approach to work with a willing to adapt to fit the business need
- Takes ownership of their actions and consequences and can make informed decisions when required
- Safety focused and orientated
- Can communicate effectively, both written and verbally to both peers and managers
- Team focused and orientated and a good team player
- Methodical and analytical approach to work