Purpose of Position
To fabricate and weld complex components across a variety of different materials and thicknesses, working to tight tolerances and a high standard of welding including MIG,MAG and AC/DC TIG.
- Health and Safety at work for themselves and others in the workplace, and reporting of hazards, and near misses.
- Production to the required quality standard, and achieving output targets.
- Work area organization and cleanliness (5S).
- Safe keeping of equipment provided, and for any authorized maintenance.
- Highlight improvements that can be made to the work being performed or the general work area.
- Work within company rules, procedures and performance standards at all times.
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Time served Sheet Metalworker / fabricator
- Ability to read and interpreted manufacturing drawings. Including BS and AWS welding symbols.
- Able to follow WPQR and WPS.
- Comfortable welding in confined spaces where jobs require.
- Able to weld in mutable positions (PC, PD, PE).
- Previous experience of using Oxy acetylene for cutting and pre-heating material.
- Able to safely handle fabricated product and welding equipment.
- Gas cutting and pre-heating
- Ability to look at a complex sheet metalwork and effectively plan how it should be executed
- Knowledge of the correct consumables to use on each welding job
Core competencies and skills:
- Confident working alone or as part of a team
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business