Can you see yourself working for our Head of Design?
Are you ready to take a key role in the commercial robotics and mechatronics markets?
We are one of the UK’s most exciting technology businesses at the forefront of the robotics revolution and we are hiring a Senior Design Engineer.
Since 2011 we have grown 30% per year, and so are looking for a talented Engineer who shares our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and grow it with us. We have a great ‘can do’ culture, with our people being given real responsibility early on in their career. They tell us that this is a great place to work.
We work in an enviable location with a great quality of life. Our head office is just north of Newcastle and we also have offices in Durham and Cambridge which means that we have the flexibility to hire those who want to live elsewhere too.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be leading the team delivering the electrical and electronic control systems for a range of products as well as delivering design projects yourself.
You’ll be managing, developing and evolving your people to ensure they have a clear understanding of their tasks, roles and responsibilities as well as the ‘bigger picture’.
You’ll work efficiently and effectively with both customers as well as other departments such as Project Management and Pilot Manufacture ensuring that deliverables are clearly understood and agreed, and that they are met on time and on budget.
We’d love you to have:
- Leadership and people management experience or potential.
- A degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- An understanding of the commercial perspective of products.
- A broad technical knowledge and background across a range of industries / technologies.
- Experience of designing innovative commercial products.
In return you’ll get:
The chance to join a growing business and be a contributing factor to its success.
The thrill of designing cutting edge and unique products and the satisfaction of delivering them to new customers.
The opportunity to see your designs move into production.
Professional development to enhance your people management skills.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday