Are you a Quality Champion?
Can you map, document and improve processes?
The work here is challenging and diverse and a wide range of technical and commercial skills are needed to enable us to be ‘Faster, More Responsive and Closer to Customers’.
In a nutshell, we want to operate like a ‘Factory of the Future’ and we need our staff to rise to that challenge so we are hiring a Quality Inspector to work with our Quality Manager.
Since 2011 we have grown 30% per year, and so due to the growth out team is expanding too. We have a great ‘can do’ culture, with our people being given real responsibility early on in their career. They tell us that this is a great place to work.
We work in an enviable location with a great quality of life, our head office is just north of Newcastle.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be one of our key internal contacts for quality, ensuring customer service meets targeted level of performance reporting customer concerns and ensuring they are resolved at root cause.
You’ll champion the “Right First Time” principle in development and production processes ensuring that ISO 9001 standards are achieved.
You’ll identify opportunities for improvement initiatives reducing quality failure costs.
You’ll be involved in the exciting stages of New Product Integration ensuring that production are ready at product launch.
You’ll specifically validate production performance against standard post launch supporting sign-off by the management team.
We’d love you to have:
- Front-line, hands-on factory floor experience
- Analysis and reporting experience backed up by strong communication skills
- The ability to map and document processes and / or standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge and experience using quality management systems and process improvement tools such as 6sigma, TQM (Total quality management), FMEA (Failure mode effects analysis), APQP (Advanced process quality planning), Poke Yoke, SPC (Statistical process control), Ishikawa.
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Experience and/or knowledge of APQP, product development and NPI processes.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday