Purpose of Position
Internal contact on quality, ensuring customer service meets targeted level of performance and that customer concerns are reported and resolved at root cause. To champion “Right First Time” principle in development and production processes ensuring that ISO 9001 procedures are fully respected at all times, by all employees, reporting and resolving any failures with the Manufacturing Manager. To identify opportunities for improvement initiatives across all factory processes and products in a structured manner to achieve the targeted level of rejects and reduce quality failure costs. To participate in NPI processes to ensure production readiness at product launch and specifically validation of production performance against standard post launch supporting sign-off by the management team.
1.Collection, collation and presentation of quality communication and metrics for factory display and business reporting on a minimum monthly basis e.g. NRFT (Not right first time), failure cost
2.Monitoring customer returns and internal reject recording, supporting the ZOHO quality failure recording system that captures all costs and allows effective reporting of data.
3.Support a robust and effective 8D process to resolve customer complaints using recognised quality and process improvement tools to a root cause.
4.Analysis and resolution of process/product related quality problems using recognised problem solving tools and techniques working within a (multi-discipline) team ethic.
5.Support factory management, participating in APQP (Advanced process quality planning) teams, FMEA (Failure mode effects analysis) activities and NPI (New product introduction) process, through product development up to production release.
6.Validating quality and cost of products and processes after production launch.
7.Training production personnel on quality matters such as use of standard operating procedures, inspection checks, operator feedback forums, SPC (Statistical process control), capability studies.
8.Development of production and quality systems where they are failing to provide right first time achievement or failing to meet ISO9001 certification.
9.Quality System activities such as system review, product and process auditing, calibration systems, deviation control
Job Holder Requirements
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate front-line, hands-on factory floor experience and achievement.
- Ability to map and document processes and/or standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Numerate and literate, able to provide analysis and reports to support actions backed up by appropriate verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and use of quality management systems and process improvement tools such as 6sigma, TQM (Total quality management), FMEA (Failure mode effects analysis), APQP (Advanced process quality planning), Poke Yoke, SPC (Statistical process control), Ishikawa.
- Experience and/or knowledge of APQP, product development and NPI processes.
Core competencies and skills:
- Strong organisational and influencing skills with systematic and disciplined approach to routines, document control, problem solving and improvement.
- Energy and enthusiasm to drive and deliver improvement and change.
- The ability to coach and train other employees in quality matters.