Purpose of Position
To bend sheet metal components in the most efficient way on a range of press brakes to ensure compliance with customer drawing specifications.
- Health and Safety at work for themselves and others in the workplace, and reporting of hazards, and near misses.
- Production to the required quality standard, and achieving output targets.
- Work area organization and cleanliness (5S).
- Safe keeping of equipment provided, and for any authorized maintenance.
- Highlight improvements that can be made to the work being performed or the general work area.
- Working as part of a team (Timekeeping, punctuality, & effective communication).
- Work within company rules, procedures and performance standards at all times.
Values: Integrity. Respect. Accountability. Creativity
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Process experience on press brakes, ideally including LVD and Trumpf machines.
- Experience of setting a range of tooling in different machine types.
- Able to read technical drawings in both 3rd and 1st angle projection.
- Health & Safety requirements and correct PPE work practices.
- Experience in a fast moving environment.
Core competencies and skills:
- Ability to work to production schedules and meet targets..
- Team working and ability to work un-supervised.
- Skilled in use of a range press brakes, tonnage, length, etc.
- Able to identify and implement process improvements.