How would you like to deliver the mechanical expertise designing “brilliant” solutions for commercially successful products?
Do you thrive when working collaboratively with Solutions Architecture, Pilot Manufacturing and Project Management functions?
We are one of the UK’s most exciting technology businesses at the forefront of the robotics revolution and we are recruiting for an additional Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Since 2011 we have grown 30% per year, and so are looking for a talented Engineer who shares our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and grow it with us. We have a great ‘can do’ culture, with our people being given real responsibility early on in their career. They tell us that this is a great place to work.
We work in an enviable location with a great quality of life. Our head office is just north of Newcastle and we also have offices in Durham and Cambridge which means that we have the flexibility to hire those who want to live elsewhere too.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be delivering “brilliant” solutions for commercially successful products
- By being diligent, yet creative, product and process focused, and working collaboratively with the Solutions Architecture, Pilot Manufacturing and Project Management functions you’ll work together to balance the technologies
- You’ll interpret customer requirements relating to mechanical systems
- Using relevant CAE tools, methodologies, DFMA principles you’ll design the systems and carry out feasibility studies for exciting technical innovations
- Supporting the Pilot Manufacturing team you’ll be introducing a product into serial production
- You’ll have the opportunity to communicate and present your ideas and solutions to customers and senior colleagues
- Using your expertise you’ll prepare technical documentation; mechanical schematics, manufacturing drawings, BoM’s, design reports, risk assessments, etc.
- You’ll be estimating material and non-recurring engineering costs within project timescales
- Initially estimating and committing to the time required to complete a work package/project you’ll also be communicating potential variances
- You’ll identify and communicate potential gaps/opportunities in product, process, technology
We’d love you to have:
A Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering and you’ll be a natural engineer with a feel for the subject
Knowledge of / experience with mathematical modelling packages
Practical experience of designing and developing complete mechanical products and components in a diverse range of industries/sectors
The ability to explain design ideas clearly
In return you’ll get:
An unparalleled opportunity to truly design and with the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of autonomous system robots.
The opportunity to join a growing business and be a contributing factor to its success.
Your achievement will be visible and recognised.
The thrill of delivering your unique designs to customers.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday