Purpose of Position
Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers, the Electro-Mechanical Engineer will participate in the development of systems and work methods to optimise current and develop for future products
1.Research the latest manufacturing technology in order to be able to advise technical and production personnel of ‘best practices’.
2.Support Feasibility reviews during the key stages of the new Projects.
3.Determine the best approach to manufacturing an item in order to produce a quality product in the most cost effective way. Process versus tooling cost analysis.
4.Produce floor layouts, in order that the most effective sequence of operations is carried out in the manufacturing area.
5.Evaluate Plant and Equipment requirements in order to justify their procurement, create specifications and Project Manage their installation and commissioning.
6.Generate and maintain Documentation (PFMEA, Control Plans, Standard operations)
7.Provide support for the supply of Prototype and Pre-Production build phases
8.Resolve day-to-day problems in the manufacturing area in order to maintain efficient production flow and quality.
9.Investigate and eliminate production problems and bottlenecks due to technical inadequacies on existing designs.
10.Support SQA and Supply chain activities at suppliers to support QCD improvement
11.Manage the program within the budget constraints.
Job Holder Requirements
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Willingness to study for a degree or equivalent in Electro-Mechanical Engineering post apprenticeship
- Comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Practical experience of planning and developing workstation and cell layout
- Demonstrable understanding of Lean principles
- Broad experience of both Quality assurance and Supply chain interface with manufacturing
Core competencies and skills:
- Engineering passion / Skills and Abilities
- Good IT and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, highly motivated and keen to develop new processes
- The ability to analyse complex problems and suggest/develop cost effective solutions
- The ability to clearly explain proposed ideas and layout concepts
Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Capable of working as a team as well as individually