Can you solve problems designing the electrical systems of successful products?
Are you ready to take a key role supporting Pilot Manufacturing to take products into serial production?
We are one of the UK’s most exciting technology businesses at the forefront of the robotics revolution and we are hiring an Electrical Control Design Engineer.
Since 2011 we have grown 30% per year, and so are looking for a talented Engineer who shares our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and grow it with us. We have a great ‘can do’ culture, with our people being given real responsibility early on in their career. They tell us that this is a great place to work.
We work in an enviable location with a great quality of life. Our head office is just north of Newcastle and we also have offices in Durham and Cambridge which means that we have the flexibility to hire those who want to live elsewhere too.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be designing, testing and developing “brilliant” solutions for commercially successful products relating to electrical control systems within a product.
You’ll be preparing technical documentation; electrical schematics, manufacturing drawings, BoM’s, design reports, risk assessments. PLC & HMI programming variable frequency driver, motion control systems and harnesses.
You’ll be diligent, yet creative with a product and process focus.
You’ll thrive when working collaboratively with our Solutions Architecture, other Design Engineering and Project Management teams.
And… you’ll have the opportunity to support the Pilot Manufacturing team and introduce products that you have designed taking them into serial production.
We’d love you to have:
- A Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Autodesk suite of products, e.g. AutoCAD Electrical, Cadstar
- Knowledge of / experience emulating machines and packages eg PLECS
- Practical experience of leading the design and development of complete electrical products and control systems
- Experience in leading the design and development of medium (10 off) to high (100 off) volume products
- Experience of operating in a diverse range of industries/sectors
In return you’ll get:
The chance to join a growing business and be a contributing factor to its success and you will also grow with the company.
The thrill of designing cutting edge and unique products and the satisfaction of delivering them to new customers.
The opportunity to see your designs move into production.
Professional development to improve your competence and keep you up to date with new technology and practices, leading to professional registration.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday